Let the kid in you get excited about this one! I Just looove fudge and this one is even far better, a fudge with a twist. you just have to attempt this lovilee pecan nut fudge recipe for oneself!
- 500g icing sugar
- 1 x 395g tin condensed milk
- 150g butter, cubed
- 55g golden syrup
- two tsp Vanilla Paste
- Location all the ingredients (except the nuts and vanilla) in a large thick bottomed pot and melt all the ingredients collectively slowly.
- Continue to stir the mixture for 40 minutes (do not cease stirring as the mixture will stick to the bottom of the pan) – the mixture will transform from a light yellow colour to a darker caramel colour. Do not rush this – make certain you have no exactly where to be so you can stir the fudge contineously.
- When the mixture has changed colour pour the Vanilla Paste in and stir really speedily for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into large buttered tin, sprinkle the chopped pecan nuts more than the prime and press down on the nuts so that they are slightly submerged and enable to cool for hours and hours and hours. Don’t be tempted to refrigerate to speed it up, just let it cool on the bench! The core temperature of the fudge will definitely take hours so don’t say I didn’t warn you!
- Turn the slab of fudge out onto a board and cut into squares.
Images: Lauren Kim Photography